The Business Insights Manager is responsible for utilizing varied business data to provide insight into business performance and present analysis and recommendations to management for decision making and strategic planning. The Business Insights Manager reports directly to the VP Marketing.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Be a hands-on expert of our data environment, knowing where and how all activities throughout our product and marketing channels are tracked
- Build new metrics that enable teams within the company to measure their performance at the best possible level
- Work with various teams to systematize and roll out key insights generated from analysis
- Develop frameworks and models to help us understand and anticipate customer behavior
- Analyze enormous amounts of information to identify why different customers behave differently
- Identify turning points in customers behavior, and figure out what drove them
- Build customer segments with fundamentally different behavior, and identify ways we can entertain each customer more
- Understand the efficiency of our marketing activities, and how we can improve or scale
- Use surveys and other research techniques to enhance our product suite
- Support ad hoc analytic requests to drive day-to-day decisions
- Highly proficient with data analytics, and experience in data manipulation using a variety of tools
- Extremely strong ability to problem solve, especially in areas where you have no experience
- Proven history of taking initiative, and having a self-driven approach to determining what’s important to focus on
- Natural curiosity, and a demonstrated ability to turn observed data into a story about what behavior is driving that data
- Ability to take complicated problems and build simple frameworks
- Strong communication and business consulting skills
- Able to understand the challenges faced by various teams and identify reporting needs to assist them
- Able to define requirements autonomously for any project
- Proactive and a self-starter who is comfortable in a fast paced, quickly changing environment, able to juggle multiple jobs simultaneously. Must be a problem solver, eager for keeping busy and engaged.
- Exceptional analytical skills and fully capable in problem detection / innovative problem solving
- Knowledge of various third-party data visualization platforms a plus
- BS in Engineering, Mathematics, Business, or a related field
- 5+- years of Site or Marketing Analytics experience, ideally in e-commerce and/or retail
- Proven success using technology and internally created tools to execute flawlessly
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Comfortable in fast paced, results driven environment
- SQL or Reporting tools experience required
Salary Range:$65,000-$75,000, commensurate with experience.
Office Location: Dallas, TX, this is an in-office role.