Job Summary: Graphic designer is responsible for conception, design and execution of marketing communication deliverables that include print materials, campaign development, digital compositions. Establish brand standards quickly and consistently throughout work, ensuring appropriate resources are assigned to projects, timelines are managed, and strategic brand objectives are promoted. The Graphic Designer works with Creative Director and creative team to deliver work that drives the brand and creates visual cohesion across all media. Graphic Designer is tasked with becoming a brand expert and ambassador, applying understanding of creative, marketing, and restaurant industry norms and trends in order to produce the most effective and persuasive work possible to properly convey our messages to Dickey’s Barbecue Pit Owner Operators and the Guest.
The Graphic Designer develops innovative and creative branding elements with a focus on designing printed marketing materials. This position creates compelling and impactful brand and food focused design and graphics across all media. This position will work directly with creative team to concept designs and build out layouts for various campaigns, vendors, publications, and Owner Operator requests. This position translates marketing objectives into user experiences that are engaging, with an emphasis on implementation with integrated marketing campaigns that span in-store, print, social, media, digital, and mobile deliverables.
Graphic Design – 60%
- Develops and implements design solutions to ensure cohesive messaging and consistency across all consumer-facing media
- Collaborates with team members to determine the layout and messaging of creative solutions aligns with creative brief, business need, and target guest needs
- Develops branding elements from concept to pre-press and production for various marketing campaigns and media including digital, outdoor, print, social media, collateral and print on demand promotional materials, and in-store signage
- Completion of BOSS Art Requests in compliance to DBRI system wide brand standards that are met on time and within budget
- Directs and/or assists with ticket requests, photo shoots, video production, and other stages of the creative development or production process.
- Documents, evaluates, and executes stylistic rules appropriate for the brand, the medium, and audience, including color, type, and logo usage according to overall brand guidelines and design standards.
- Performs print production tasks, including but not limited to asset management, proofreading and preparing files for print or color correction for error free deliverables.
Support & Communication – 40%
- Provide support, rationale, and assets for Marketing, Home Office, Dickey’s Capital Group, and Owner Operator Art Requests initiatives (e.g., print on demand pieces, kits, packaging, merchandising, marketing events, displays, point of sale materials, presentations, sales materials, etc.)
- Monitors the timing, integrity, and quality of deliverables for multiple projects simultaneously from inception to completion through the BOSS Ticketing system
- Supports creative decisions with strategic rationale
- Documents work in a timely manner and within proper archival protocol for team access (e.g., correspondence, files, sketches, etc.) through Digital Asset Management and BOSS Ticketing platform
- Maintain dialogue/relationship with existing vendors (e.g., upload press ready artwork, troubleshooting files, etc.)
Skills and Abilities
- Proficient in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge and application of visual design principles including typography, color theory, and composition skills
- Working knowledge of the pre-press production process, including knowledge of graphic/image preparation for print, digital, web, and broadcast
- Excellent verbal, written, and electronic communication skills
- Ability to anticipate, convey, and respond to the needs of stakeholders (e.g., internal Home Office colleagues and external Owner Operators/Guests, etc.) in a timely and courteous manner according to DBRI brand standards
- Ability to work under time constraints to ensure deadlines and quality standards are met in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment that requires attention to detail and big picture thinking; and to effectively prioritize work accordingly
- Ability to adapt and adjust planned work through assessing work demands, competing priorities, and tight deadlines; and to understand the most effective and efficient means to accomplish tasks
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with seasoned creative and marketing teams
- Strives for SMART creative solutions and high-quality deliverables by keeping up to date with best practices, trends, tools, resource of industry and software techniques and integrating into and within the organization's brand.
- Knowledge of pre-press production including color separations, font, and proper file preparation
- Restaurant or franchise industry experience
- Packaging, soft goods, and digital design experience
- Working knowledge of UX/UI and HTML
- Ability to have fun under pressure